The importance of the process:
Hearst Fellowships are awarded to a select few graduates.
The process is very comprehensive in order to give applicants the
best opportunity to show why they are qualified to become Fellows.
This is one of the most prestigious programs in the industry. Hearst
Fellowships offer valuable hands-on experience and access to leaders
in the field. There is no better way to jump-start new careers in
journalism. Good luck with your application.
How to apply:
Please print and complete the application. This must be submitted
along with the following:
- A one-page resume
- A brief essay describing your career goals
- Official College transcripts
- Work samples if you have them – clips, photos or artwork
- Submit samples in regular folder or envelope; DO NOT bind or
staple; Clips must be on 8 1/2 X 11 sheets (one-sided copies)
- If you are a photo or graphic arts applicant, make sure to
send a broader sample of your work that shows breaking news,
features & projects
- Three letters of recommendation from professors, college administrators
or professional colleagues
- If you do not have a background in journalism, tell us why
you would be a good candidate for this program
801 Texas Avenue - Room 817
Houston, Texas 77002
All applications must arrive
by January 10, 2014. Please make sure you allow time for
the mailing of your application and materials. No applications will
be accepted online.